News in Brief
Florida HME conference this week
DORAL, Fla., Sept. 19, 2012—The Florida Alliance of Home Care Services (FAHCS) will be holding a conference Thursday Sept. 27 in Orlando (enroll).
It is the state’s association for home medical equipment providers and providers of diabetic and consumable medical supplies. It will be held at the Rosen Centre Hotel. Sessions will include:
• Key Note Speaker: Congresswoman Kathy Castor (D-Tampa), Medicare and Healthcare legislation in the Energy & Commerce Committee
• Legal Issues: Subcontracting, Mergers, Acquisitions and Purchases presented by Attorney Edward L.Vishnevetsky, Munsch Hardt Kopf & Harr, P.C.
• Competitive Bidding Panel of Contracted Providers from Round One. Find out what Contracted Suppliers did and would have done differently to help you prepare for Round 2.
• Surviving the Power Mobility Prior Authorization and RAC Demo Audit in Florida presented by Sylvia Toscano, Professional Medical Administrators
• Florida Medicaid Update presented by Ken Yon, Medicaid Program Integrity (MPI) assistant bureau chief
• Winning Audits and ALJ Hearings presented by Mabel Gonzalez, JD, Premium Consulting Group
• Washington Update: Competitive Bidding, PMD Demo Project and Audits presented by Rob Brant, AMEPA CEO and AAHomecare board member
Includes roundtable lunch and FAHCS updates. Enjoy lunch while networking with DME providers and experts from across the state.